bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Shots in a spec script? I'm writing a feature-length movie screenplay - well it's still at the story stage, so I haven't started to write the screenplay itself yet. I have been reading wordplayer - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Writing any camera directions whatsoever is considered to be intrusive by potential readers of your script (be they readers for a production house or potential directors). Try to look at your scene objectively. Does it really need a camera direction in the slug? Or, could one short sentence in the action lines serve to do the same sort of thing?

Once the script is out of your hands you are just going to have to live with what the director wants to do with it. If you are truly interested in writing for the screen you should get used to the idea that even though you picture a scene as being funnier/more exciting/sexier/what-have-you from certain angles, the director might not see it the same way. He or she might even cut that scene to make the movie flow better. Sad, I know.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Cofer669

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best