bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: My kid's first story So, my 11-year son has just written his first literature work yesterday: A short fantasy story about werewolves in a forest chased by a group of courageous men. Half-full - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Leave the corrections to his teachers, that's what they're for. The best you can do as his parent is encourage creative habits.

Talking from personal experience; around his age I wrote my first short story. It was horrible: no plot, plenty of spelling and grammatical errors, etc. But it ignited my love for writing. I honestly believe it was because neither my parents nor teacher overly criticized the errors that I took the time to read more and to pay more attention in English classes. I would not call myself a great writer, but have some published short stories, and I find it a great hobby.

As others have said, let him know what you like about it and ask specific questions (always show interest in their interests). Bolster his confidence, he'll learn in higher classes what to do right and wrong in this art. That's only his first draft, eventually he'll want to perfect it on his own. This time period is for growth.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Si5022468

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best