bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: My kid's first story So, my 11-year son has just written his first literature work yesterday: A short fantasy story about werewolves in a forest chased by a group of courageous men. Half-full - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

You have already received very valuable inputs from the community, however, I would like to add my 50 cents to it.

I am a semi-professional writer, web developing and civil engineering being my primary profession. As a high school kid, I used to jot down my fantasies in my journal which probably were full of grammatical errors and semantic abuse. They were perfect to my own eyes though.

Now after a decade, I became a civil engineer (full time) and a web developer (part-time). Two years back, I revisited my old stuff and found my journal book. As I read through my own scribbled sentences I realized how wonderful my plots and stories were and how easily I could correct them. I did just that! I needed no professional editor to do it for me and I got it published in 6 months.

I would say, encourage and advice him but don't be abrupt with your advice or rectifications. There is a probability that you would unknowingly discourage or make him feel that his work is not being appreciated and isn't worth continuing.

His self-confidence will take him to a higher ground when the time is right. There are many matured writers who aren't confident enough of their works and goes around seeking feedbacks which sometimes just kicks back!

NB: Get him involved in writing social site groups. It would help him beyond your comprehension. We have a 12-year-old girl in our facebook group who is releasing her debut fictional novel this month!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Samaraweera193

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best