bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is my story pacing too fast? I have a quick question- I'm just a bit confused about the story I'm writing. So earlier today I posted the first chapter of my story, and someone commented that - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Is it too much? It's hard to tell from a summary. Quite possibly, but it might also be fine. It's also the case that the reader is probably right that something feels wrong, but may not be right about what's wrong.

If you do want to change something, is it important that all these happen at once? Is it just a coincidence she gets ill and then into a car crash, or are they linked? E.g. start with a future-knowledge voice "so much was going to go wrong that morning I couldn't believe it afterwards. I fainted in front of my boss AND a car crashed into us. It happened like this..." Or decide that she insisted on driving and got into an accident because she wasn't actually well enough to drive.

Or start after the dramatic events, with her reactions to them, or with them, instead of imposing the events on a reader who was just getting settled into whatever else was happening.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Tiffany377

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best