bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Can I self-publish on a reputable publishing platform, and how much would it cost? With the barrier to having a publisher sign a new author seemingly high, especially without prior success or - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I just joined the site, so you may have already acted on this, but I would definitely recommend going with self-publishing, as long as you don't use a subsidy or vanity publisher. You can go to sites like Kindle Direct Publishing, Smashwords, or Barnes&Noble and find information on self-publishing e-books or go to CreateSpace for print books. All of these options are free and can allow you to get a finished product out to the public in much faster time than a traditional publisher. Each of these options will allow you to publish for free, so there really isn't a cost factor involved.

In addition to that, you can get much higher royalties by using any of these services than you would with a traditional publisher. You would also be better off than using a subsidy publisher, because you don't pay for these services. You might want to spend a little money to get a good book cover and to have someone professionally edit your book, but you should be spending that money anyway if you were using a subsidy publisher. Below are some ranges for these types of services.

Book covers: -0

Editing: -0 (depends on size of book)

I have two fantasy novels that I self-published over the last few months, and I have already recovered the money I spent on them for book covers and editing. There are a whole lot of authors who are starting to go with this self-publishing model, and I highly recommend it!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Murray165

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best