bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to balance male protagonist sensitivity to women My MC is an assassin by trade and has a military background - sniper, Special Ops, etc. He was raised partly by his sister after their - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I'm not sure why this is even an issue, being frank. Plenty of men can and are gentle by nature. Heck, I'm one of them. I'm much more introspective and concerned with emotions than a stereotypical man, I seek comfort about as often as I seek solutions, my sex drive is abysmally low, and I have a nurturing side that makes me good with children.

Now I'm sure plenty of men would consider me a wuss, but they're not exactly the sorts of men with the patience to read a book. After all, the same men who demonise slightly gentler men as being effeminate or 'wussy' are also the sorts of men that consider reading fiction a woman's activity, that is to say, sexists.

Gentle men exist all over, and yes, even in gruesome professions. They may also have high tolerance of things that may surprise people that solely judge them by their gentleness. For example, given my 'wussy' traits, you probably assume I'm afraid of gore, correct? Well, that's very far from the truth. Not only did I do a degree with plenty of dissections and enjoyed fishing trips with my granddad in which we'd have to gut fish, but I actually have an acute fascination with seeing what creatures are made of. Gore is comfortable to me.

So I think that a male assassin can be, by nature, gentler than a stereotypical stoic brute. Gentle men in nasty professions exist everywhere.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Eichhorn147

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best