bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How much sex is allowed in a non-romance novel? Exactly how much sex would would most publishers allow to be in a today's novel? Does it vary from publisher to a publisher? I'm not talking - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If you want to put it in there, then put it in there. Writing is an art form, its YOUR work- I'm not happy with people giving answers about "well only if the actual details are integral to your plot... if you put sex in it then it must be a romance novel anyway...". You can't create boundaries like this for somebody else's work, healthy suggestions are okay but asserting that certain aspects of someones work may be unneccessary in terms of their own "plot" is confusing to me. It's subjective, if it's part of your vision for your writing then leave it in- don't censor yourself, your work, to fit the mould of some imaginary publisher. Your main concern should be your own integrity as a writer (and don't spit at me with that SHOW DON'T TELL b.s.- its thrown around too much and it reeks).

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Shelley992

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best