bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I prevent my protagonist from ending the world? My protagonist is an immortal person that’s powerful enough to end all with but a thought. She has amnesia due to overusing her power - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If she is a bit of a tabula rasa when she meets the kind friend, that might seem odd as you suggest she has forgotten herself. Losing memories is one thing, but your complete identity and sense of self? So be it.

A goddess (destroyers of worlds tend to be at least minor deities) with no memory of aught but misery and watching her only friend dying will certainly be in a dangerous mood.

Hitting the reset button, so to speak, drained her of everything so there could be a deep seated reluctance to do it again - she does not understand why as she has forgotten the previous reset.

Her friend - probably the first in eons - is dead. Her wrath builds and the energy crackles, but this is George’s world - destroying it essentially kills him again.

Her grief and rage can be held in check by her love of him, her sorrow that he is dead but not destroyed. She might even intuit that destroying the world will wipe her memory of him and it will be as though he had never existed. George deserves better than that, better than utter destruction and annihilation.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Pierce369

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best