bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Can I give a lecture about my book without disclosing my real name? I have a non-fiction book about language learning, entrepreneurship, productivity and personal growth in general. The problem - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Check your local laws. My home country, for example, allows you to register an official alias name, which will even be written in your passport so that you can use it on official documents. This is specifically intended for authors, artists and religious purposes.

If you do not have this opportunity, then yes you can absolutely give a performance under a pen name. Musicians do it all the time (e.g. Cher is actually named Cherilyn Sarkisian, Alice Cooper is actually named Vincent Damon Furnier, etc.) so I fail to see why an author could not do it, both legally and ethically.

Note that a public appearance can easily break your anonymity. Someone takes a picture, posts it on Facebook, and from there it is easy to either compare it with other pictures of you (face recognition and reverse image search are both readily available) or someone simply recognizes you.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Candy753

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best