bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What are the advantages and disadvantages of digital rights management for self-published authors? DRM (digital rights management) is being used in just about every electronic format, including files - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

DRM has been pretty harmful in my experience with creating and selling information products.

I used some fairly heavy handed DRM when I first started out. I realized this was a mistake after taking feedback from my customers and analyzing conversion rates. I ended up doing a lot of testing on implementations of DRM to determine what worked and what did not. The only type of DRM currently I maintain is a very light watermark when someone prints one of my products. I am not certain if that really counts as DRM, but it doesn't affect my sales.

I ended up with much higher return purchases as a direct result of removing DRM. This represents a higher level of trust and satisfaction based on customer feedback.

One additional thought. A little emotional blackmail in the eBook really helps convert people who do pirate it.

I hope my perspective is helpful. I am new to this site, so let me know if I screwed something up.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Fox6458700

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best