bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Can my characters interact with my narrator? (and vice versa) I know that this idea is not totally 'revolutionary' as this type of narration has been used in Breakfast of champions, for example. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I wrote a scene recently in which one character speaks to the readers directly. He informs them about why he's going to be taking a certain action in a certain way which influences the storyline. It's not done for laughs at all, and answers some questions the readers would otherwise have. Then he leaves and says, "The next time you see me, I'll pretend not to know you." It shouldn't (I hope!) detract from immersion in the world because the other characters are unaware this has happened.

If you want the narrator to be a NON-character whom the other characters interact with though, as Cyn said that's getting very absurdist. Absurdist work can be serious in tone and emotionally involving, but honestly I need examples, as I'm having trouble picturing exactly what you mean.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Hamaas631

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best