bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Characters jumping out of their stories I just read an article online and thought "this is great, I should forward the link to Phoebe." Phoebe is one of my characters. I've already had characters - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If I were you, I would write a book about a writer who worries she is losing her mind when she begins interacting with her characters as though they were real people. That's a book I would buy if you wrote it!

As advice to the real-life version of you, however, I would say, don't worry about it. We all have many people living rent-free inside our heads --alternate versions of our selves, or copies of real people who have had significant impacts on our lives. You just happen to be more in contact with it than most people. For a writer, it's hard to not see this as an advantage.

I wouldn't worry about it as any sort of a sign of mental illness or anything. Although, as I said earlier, it would be fun to read a book about a writer who does worry about that (or about a writer who really is mentally ill, or about a magical realist version, where the characters actually do intrude into real life).

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kristi637

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best