bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Are there tools/software for planning your story using nested mindmaps and references to characters? I've been looking for a certain piece of software for a long time, but I never quite found - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

World Anvil
www.worldanvil.com/about
I like using this website for world building/story creation because there is so much available and it can all be interconnected. Though you can't see all these things in detail at once, they're there visually in the sidebar.

You can link characters to other characters
You can link characters to articles
You can make timelines
You can make complex relationships between characters
You can make notes and secrets that aren't in the main profile for whatever it is you're making (e.g. a character).

The one thing I don't know for sure is if you can find and replace one word. I haven't used it all that much the way it's designed to work because I don't want to subscribe.

I made a few random characters, places, governments, organizations, etc. for you to see how it works. Here's the link. Note that I didn't fill out all the areas just because there are SO MANY. If you're interested I suggest you make a free account, make a world and poke around.

Here's a link to someone else's public, much more well done character. PLEASE, look around their world, it's much better than the one I threw up and shows you more of what yours might look like. In the articles they've written, you can see that when another character is references, they have chosen to put a link to that character's profile. (Their character is for game play not writing, so it has powers and levels, etc.)

The downsides

You have to subscribe if you want your world(s) to be private
If you don't have an ad blocker there are adds on the side.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Eichhorn147

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best