bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I prevent a structure-breaking character from being seen as a fourth-wall-breaking joke? I am unofficially "fixing up" a video game through modding. The game's Big Reveal is that the game - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I don't know games, but comic books play with 4th wall breaking a lot -- it's part of what makes Deadpool & She-Hulk so powerful. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She-Hulk#Breaking_the_fourth_wall
Since in the Marvel universe, the readers-reading-the-comics-in-our-hands is one of many specific universes (most adventures, the "baseline" inside a Marvel comic, is Universe 616), which is similar perhaps to your "layers" of reality in games.

A lot of it depends on what your reveals have been all along.

One of my favorite techniques of establishing "reality" in fiction is realistic snippets of other media -- in Stephen King's Carrie, the original novel has snippets of news articles. Perhaps a snippet of a Wikipedia entry explaining the day the big simulation was revealed? And a Buzzfeed Listicle about top tweets about the SimulationThingie? One tv network denying it, one with a scientist showing how it's so clearly logical...?

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Speyer920

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best