bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Making him into a bully (how to show mild violence) Joe is the worst. Nobody likes him, not even the so-called friends he teams up with at school, filling other students with terror. He's - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

When I was a kid, I was bullied a lot, and I don't usually see accurate depictions of bullying in the media. The bullying I suffered was mostly verbal, but some was physical. What adults don't really understand about physical bullying is that it's more about physical intimidation than actual fist-to-face contact.

A lot of the physical bullying composed of little things--sharply flicking me in the back of the neck, smacking the back of my head, inconspicuously tripping me--coupled with very simple intimidation tactics, like hovering over me and making me shrink down so that the bully was larger than I was. The intimidation was the real motivator for me to do what the bully wanted, because I was never actually beat up.

It's very easy to portray Joe as someone who mostly relies on intimidation, because at that young age, that's what most kids do. When it comes down to it, Joe might not have the guts to actually whale on someone like he threatens to do, and he might think of himself as a coward, which adds to his insecurities, which feeds his bullying, brutish nature.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Candy753

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best