bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Are "morning pages" useful? I've found an interesting private online journaling website: 750words.com From "About" section of the website: I've long been inspired by an idea I first learned - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

This is a subjective question as its usefulness as an exercise will vary from person to person.
Fwiw I'd say that there is some value in doing this exercise, more so for novice writers than experienced ones. It is better to write something than nothing, so to speak, and it can serve as an aid to those unsure where to start or what to write.
However without some editing and revision there is a danger of not learning from what you wrote and improving.
There is an exercise I do most years -Nanowrimo.com - where you attempt to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. Because of time constraint one writes without immediate revision or editing and the work takes shape. However once finished one is supposed to revisit it and edit etc it can be illuminating when reading back over it to see the unconscious mistakes one makes and the errors to which one is prone.I find that more useful than morning pages, personally.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sent2472441

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best