bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Publishers that drag their feet How do you deal with frustration over a publisher's choices? All the stories and art for an anthology are in the publisher's hands—camera ready in digital form—and - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

This is an endemic problem among small publishers and it's one of the ways that writers are kept writing at a hobby level (this in response to a previous response which basically said 'chill out you're just a hobbyist') rather than being able to move on to professional. Even then, I've read professional full-time writers complaining about problems with delayed payments.

Outing myself here: I'm in the same anthology and have written the publisher criticising (no profanity!) some of their recent business decisions. Delayed payments are only part of the problem in this case; the publisher is making a lot of decisions which, even for a just-starting-out amateur, run contrary to basic business sense.

Outside of that, the only options are sadly to withdraw from the anthology in hopes of finding a better market, and to make allowances when given the opportunity to work with the publisher again.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Goswami879

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best