logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: As a new poet, where can I find help from a professional to judge my work? I often write short poems and quotes here: https://www.mirakee.com/atd, but I really want to hear from someone professional

Candy753 @Candy753

Go to a local university and speak with a writer in residence or a professor who is well-respected. Take creative writing courses and listen to the feedback.

Join a writers group - but remember, being told that your work is far from perfect is the point.

Poetry is such an intensely personal and universal form that you must just keep writing. Listen to others, but heed your own instincts too. Write to develop your voice and eventually you will break out of your juvenilia and into your mature works.

Read the great poets - see what they did and learn from them. Immerse yourself in their works.

Understand that poetry is not something one usually writes for profit, but for pleasure and the absolute soul-driven necessity of getting those brilliant images down on paper.

Learn the constraints of your chosen form and discover the freedom within them. Study the rules so that you will know when you can ignore one.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme