logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: As a new poet, where can I find help from a professional to judge my work? I often write short poems and quotes here: https://www.mirakee.com/atd, but I really want to hear from someone professional

Candy753 @Candy753

Step one is to get feedback that you're basically on the right track. A lot of people don't feel ready to show their poems to anyone (maybe outside of close friends or family) and need some encouragement first. You're past this step.

Step two is a professional editor or reader. Other answers have covered this in detail.

So I'm going to give you some intermediate steps. Ones that give you direct feedback from consumers of your poetry.

Go to open mike nights for poetry (I'd avoid mixed open night unless you're sure it's one where people stick around and listen to the poetry) and see what sort of reaction you get. Audience reactions during and immediately after your reading and also reactions from people who might come up to you afterwards.
Submit your poetry to a few magazines (low level, not top board quite yet) or contests. My local county fair includes poetry categories with the arts submissions; yours might too.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme