bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Do British publishers change US English spelling to British English spelling? I have read the Red Rising trilogy as paperbacks published by Del Rey, a US publisher. (I bought these books while - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Since they are both the English language I highly doubt that a different translation is what you are looking at here. The most they would do would be to alter some slang, which would change the way the book was supposed to be read. This would also be more trouble than it's worth. Translations cost time and money.

I think what you are most likely seeing is a case of publication rights being sold to two separate publishers to reach a wider audience. I found a wealth of information that explains such things HERE. You would probably end up with two identical books that have the names of different publishers on them. It would only start to change if you moved to a different language entirely -like German- which these books have been translated into as well. From what I can tell they are highly popular.

Hope this helps!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Correia211

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best