bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to show two perspectives without solely relying on different POVs? Unknown by the characters involved and hidden from the readers, there's this ability of one specific character that allows - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There are different ways to show this. One way you could do it is by tackling each statement in this manner:

And so I asked him to tell me why he joined the military. To my surprise, he actually answered. "I joined the military," he began but from here his answer and the truth differed.

"...so that I could defend my kingdom from foreign invasions."

"...so that I could leave my town and follow my own path."

"...because I was scared of being the same old shit as my father: just another shitty man from a shitty town. I enlisted simply so I could be dragged as far away from here as I could be."

I did not expect that from him. He certainly didn't seem to be the type. An honorable lie with a selfish reason masking a painful truth. It's a shame he's only destined to die at this rate.

By separating the responses from the rest of the text and having your narrator address which is the lie and which is the truth, you effectively sort out the issue of conveyance. It's all done and you only have to make sure you word your character's reaction to it properly, as opposed to the reactions to each thing. It makes for easier typing.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Angie602

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best