bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What should you do if you need more than five heading when writing an APA paper? (I don't know if this question is appropriate here. I'm going to take a chance.) If you're writing a paper - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I am really having a hard time imagining a paper that would need more than five levels, so my first suggestion would be to give a hard look at the structure of your paper to make sure you're presenting the information as clearly as possible. If you've done this and decided that you do need more levels:

The OWL suggests that APA also allows numbered seriation, bullet points, and letters within paragraphs.

If that doesn't work for you, from my own head, I wonder if you could add categories to the other end of the spectrum via chapters, or parts. I know that's not typical for APA papers, but I don't think it's typical to need more than five levels, either!

Alternatively - if you're writing this for school, ask your teacher/prof. If you're writing it for publication, contact the publisher and see what they'd prefer.

Good luck with it!

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Radia543

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best