bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Is the website allpoetry.com beneficial for poets and writers? I've found this website and could see huge number of poets and poetesses in it. Does anybody know about it? I would like to know - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

This site doesn't seem to be explicitly listed as a vanity/scam on the Writer's Beware list here: www.sfwa.org/other-resources/for-authors/writer-beware/anthologies/ , but I was thinking of Poetry.com, which died a few years ago.

So most vanity anthology schemes don’t quite qualify as scams. They are deceptive and misleading, however–especially since so many anthologizers portray their anthologies as a real literary credit that writers can be proud of. In reality, the anthologies are available by special order only, with most sold to the contributors themselves or to their friends and families. Because of the poor quality of most of the poems, anthology credits are not respected by publishing professionals...

Regardless of if AllPoetry is legit or not, I recommend reading the SFWA "Bewares", as AC Crispin's blog stays current on these schemes: accrispin.blogspot.com/

which covers schemes and scams in real time along with publishing industry news and advice for writers.

These sites often have links to more legit markets and critique groups.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Reiling826

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best