bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Mortal danger in mid-grade literature In a comment to my post here, Cyn mentions wishing to avoid implying that the characters might all die, because she's writing for a mid-grade audience. Which - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I wouldn't worry about it, I read "the secret of ji" when I was in mid-grade, it was a fantasy story where the protagonist party was under constant thread of dying from some assasins or evil mages persuing them, and they offen fought them (with the risk of dying) and that's what made the story interesting.

I'm pretty sure someone from the main party even died in the third book, but I understood it was a fictional character and that no real person did die. Learning the difference between fact and fiction is import part of development, and fictional stories with fictional danger can be great for that.

I would be more concerned with horror movies than finctional books, I am still frighten of spiders after watching "arachnophobia" (s spider horror movie) when I was a kid.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Nimeshi163

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best