bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Content Sites - any still around and useful? I missed my chance to write for About.Com when it was TheMiningCom and now it's DotDash and seems to be under different rules. Suite101 has become - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

In my experience, the content sites were sinking fast years ago. I honestly stopped looking. However, if you want to write quality content, it's not hard to find people looking for it.
Back in the day, getting 4¢ per word was not unreasonable, but today, it probably won't happen at your typical site. Sites that pay per-word have to hire people just to process the submission requests.
I am moving into a new market and put together a summary for six articles I wanted to write. I approached two print magazines targetted at niche segments and both have asked for articles from my list. In fact, I'm supposed to be editing now but needed to give my brain a break.
Legit SEO content (not spin)
If there is a reputable SEO company in your area, tell them you're available to write. There is a demand for real, legitimate content. Especially for sites catering to professionals who have ethical guidelines, such as lawyers, CPAs, medical professionals, and engineers. They're going to want 800-word articles on a topic, and of course leveraging specific keywords, that conform to the site's content guidelines. For example, one headline for every three paragraphs, two links for every three paragraphs, etc. The trick is that the articles have to conform to their professional responsibility guidelines. In my area, Iowa, USA, these guidelines are published online. For example, ethics guidelines for Iowa lawyers. The company hiring you will probably tell you the guidelines and have the professional do the final editing.
With the SEO content, you may not get a by-line, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Trade Magazines
Trade magazines also need content. The chamber of commerce in your town and nearby towns probably publish a quarterly magazine. You can interview a local business owner or committee member (I do this by e-mail) and then turn it into a 1,500-word article. Real estate firms also use this kind of content for their newsletters.
These guys have a serious challenge getting content, so if you pitch an idea, you really have a strong shot at it.
Fiverr
With their new business model, you can now charge more than for a service. Yes, they take a cut, but it's better than free. There are lots of opportunities to write on there, especially if you're aiming for the lower cost segment.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Debbie451

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best