bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Add copyright notice before submitting manuscript? I have written and illustrated a rhyming picturebook (for approx 0-7 year olds) and have it in PDF format which I prepared in InDesign. When - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

I have written and illustrated a rhyming picturebook (for approx 0-7 year olds) and have it in PDF format which I prepared in InDesign. When I am sending the manuscript off, do I need to worry about adding copyright to the the content first, or should I just send the PDF as is? Should I put a watermark on it, or is this really not necessary?

Obviously I am very new to this game - I was an art teacher, so completely different ballgame entirely, but I ended up teaching primary children, so at least I have a fairly good idea about the target audience!

This question is further to this question asked previously.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Cofer669

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

I don't know what country you are in. In the UK, copyright is assumed. However, appending a half-line copyright notice (symbol, name, date) to a work is not going to significantly add to its length and so should usually be a part of it.

I can't speak as a publisher, but as someone who receives texts to review, watermarks really irritate me. I want to read the text and don't want some person to make it harder for me to do so.

Load Full (0)