bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Fleshing out the character motivation from the plot I decided to give a try to the snowflake method. The idea is that you gradually expand the story from a blurb into a full draft. This question - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I think an abstract goal needs to be more useful as a life philosophy than you can make "vengeance." If that is my life goal, what do I do on idle Sundays, ask neighbors if I can take some vengeance on their behalf?

I'd come up with an abstract goal of a hero that allows them to do good for others even if there is no vengeance that needs taking. Something that, outside of this particular need to exact vengeance, has some application in making the world a better place.

But that is leaning toward the good, you could write an anti-hero and lean toward the selfish. Either way, your abstract goal should be a much broader life philosophy than just a one-word summary of his task in this story. It should inform the rest of his personality and approach to life, and that will make him a less shallow character.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Holmes449

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best