bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to find the right literary agent in the USA? I want to publish an English language book in the USA as a foreigner. Someone told me that the USA is mainly interested in American subjects, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I highly recommend agentquery.com. It's free, searchable by category and oriented towards North American agents. I haven't personally had any luck yet securing an agent through them, but the listings all seem to be legitimate, and comparable to the ones you can find through other valid sources.

I do recommend, however, taking the time to click through to the agency websites, and not just cold emailing on the basis of what is on the site.

In terms of winnowing down the number of agents, the only filtering you want to do is to make sure they are definitely looking for the kind of work you produce. Getting an agent is a numbers game, and the more options you have, the better. Your first step should be to send out query letters --not manuscripts or full proposals --and you'll want to send out A LOT of them. In my experience, a response rate of 1 proposal request to every 15 queries is doing great.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kevin153

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best