bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What is the name of the service or job title for typing handwritten manuscripts? I was thinking about paying someone to type up the handwritten pages of my novel, so that I can go straight - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

As someone who prefers to write the first draft by hand I know how you're feeling.

You could try looking on Fiverr for someone who can type up your manuscript. Something I've tried in the past was the Livescribe 3 Pen. Somehow I lost the pen I had, but it worked half decently, the downside was it's not-so-great app,but it's abeen a few years so it might have improved. It might be worth looking into smartpens that will speed up this step of your process.

Something I have noticed with having to type up a draft written by hand, is that I catch more mistakes (plot holes, typos and misused words) as I'm going and can fix them. So by the time I've typed up a draft it's a bit cleaner and I can focus on other areas like character/ setting development in the next revision. This is just part of my process, but it might be something to consider when you're researching options.

Hope this helps :)

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Vandalay250

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best