bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How can I generate paperback book from iBooks Author? I'm starting to write a book and I am considering to use the iBooks Author app since I tend to like Apple products. Through my research, - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

iBooks Author creates e-books in EPUB for the Apple Store. But AFAIK (I haven't used it) you can export your iBooks Author e-book as a PDF.

POD (Print On Demand) companies like IngramSpark will take a PDF and convert it to print for you.

However, most authors will use apps like Vellum, InDesign or PressBooks to create their e-book and then upload the finished file in each applicable format for each store. Or they will upload the PDF (or Word file) to an aggregator like Draft2Digital and get them take the strain of each format for each store.

If you're publishing a book, you don't want to limit yourself to the Apple store. You want to be selling everywhere. How well iBooks Author converts to PDF and then onto every store format, I don't know. I wouldn't do it this way. But, you could do a small test file and try uploading the PDF to IngramSpark (or another POD company) and the Amazon store to see how well it converts to these formats.

But, as I say, I don't know any authors who do it that way around.

I wouldn't recommend sending files to a publisher to print. Why would you when POD is so readily available these days? To make non-POD viable, you'd need to print a good sized run and you could end up with a garage full of unsold books.

It also means that you can't change any of those books. You have to do future editions and reprint. With POD you can make changes to a print book on the fly.

HTH

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Kaufman555

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best