logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: Can monster/beasts be in a psychological horror I am working on a psychological horror with an extra element. Monsters, and I don’t mean ghosts. My characters will face suspicions, distrust,

Berumen699 @Berumen699

I would highly recommend you watch the Twilight Zone as a good number of the stories are Psychological. For example, the classic "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street" could be entirely done with out the threat of UFOs and not lose any of the impact (in fact, a 2002 remake was entirely plausible with a very timely threat). One of my favorite episodes, "The Obsolete Man" has no scifi or fantasy elements attached to it, with the threat produced entirely by the fact that two different men are locked in a room with a bomb. "The Eye of the Beholder" is a commentary on standards of beauty and specifically points out that the place where the story takes place is just as likely the real world as it is a place in the Twilight Zone. The Monsters of "The Shelter" are very real threats to this day. "The changing of the Guard" features a mysterious element, but the plot is a lesson about how one man's simple life still made a world of difference.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme