bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to write a scene where the villain meets the protagonist? The villain was, like the protagonist, a child soldier/mercenary, who served with him. The villain was captured, tortured, and snapped. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Write it like it is. Write what happens. Write from the hearts of the characters. Bring it to the end you have chosen to continue to the story. If they don't come to the end you want, maybe something is wrong with your plot, or with your knowledge of the characters.

The more you can expose the characters through their action and dialog, spoken or internal, the more readers will understand the characters, and the more they will be emotionally bound into the result. It will matter who lives and who dies -- and how they live or die.

I'm picturing this as the climax of the story, with creamy character development leading to this resolution. How the actual death happens needs to be consistent with the characters. I would be disappointed if the villain died "randomly" by stuff falling on his head. I think, without knowing your characters, that I would prefer the protagonist to actively kill the villain. Rocks tumbling on him seems cliche. A third party intervening as a Judge deciding who should live, but that's probably been done to the point of cliche.

Only you know the characters. Only you know what is proper in the story, and consistent with the lives they live and their emotional state. Only you know the secondary characters, their loyalties, and their capabilities.

I would suggest not worrying about cliche. Do what is real for your characters. Write from their reality. Don't take short cuts. Show us all the scars and blood, physical and emotional. Your story will be compelling. Your villain will die as he must, and your protagonist will survive and be altered by the experience.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Lee1909368

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best