bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How is character development a major role in the plot of a story People mostly say that the characters of a story have to be developed first, but I don't really understand why characters play - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

Writing stories is all about evoking feelings and emotions in the reader - specific emotions you want to evoke with your story. That's what sets a story apart from a report, which is to state facts, be informative and neutral. Writing a story like one writes a report is one of most common, fundamental errors of beginning writers. The writing is dry. The reader's reaction to such a story is "Okay, so that happened. So what? Why should I care? I wasted my time reading this."

Developing a character is one of best ways to form an emotional bond between the character and the reader - a feeling of fellowship, identifying as the character, compassion - or even just cold hate for the character. With such a bond the events of the story have an impact, they cause emotions, make the story enthralling and unforgettable. Without that? Blah. Something happened somewhere to someone, nobody cares.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Lee1909368

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best