bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to represent jealousy in a cute way? The main character (which is a girl) of the first romance I'm writing would feel jealous sometimes of her love interest, but I want it to be a cute - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

One way that I have seen in real life is the combination of self-awareness and levity. It is important that self-awareness happens in the moment. Many people realize too late that they had done something stupid out of jealousy. An example might look like this:

How can you just go get coffee with him?
What do you mean, him? I get coffee with co-workers almost every day. Why does it matter today?
Because look at him. His big arms. Chiseled chest and abs. Look at his skin. It's perfect. Okay. I'm starting to think that you should be the one who's jealous here.
Me too!
I'm gonna go get some coffee. See ya later.

This isn't something that has a high re-usability rate though. This will go from cute to annoying with prolonged use, although that can be said about a lot of things that are cute. I would also think you are setting up a character to later cross a line if they have reoccurring jealousy issues.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Miguel976

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best