bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to slow down the pace of the story? How do I slow down the pace of my story? And please refrain from answering with "add more descriptions," because I'm already aware of that technique - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I assume you are meaning that you feel the action in your story is too much, that it isn’t engaging or it is overwhelming the reader. Sort of like a modern 007 movie, where an intense amount of things happen with lots of tension and suspense, but not much story, or the plot gets misplaced.

You can break up the action with flash backs and flash forwards in the character’s life. I believe its a difficult technique to use successful. You can shift laterally at cliff hangers in the action and show another character or characters working on the next part of the story or waiting for information the character going through the too much action is trying get —- as in Where is 007. He’s so unreliable. While 007 is flying across the city in a jet pack trying to evade a heat seeking missile.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sent2472441

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best