bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How do I become a better writer when I hate reading? I like telling stories, but I don't care so much for reading them. It's not for me. But the number one advice to become a better author - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

To build on the answers that have mentioned movies and TV series, my issue with learning writing from visual media is the old adage "a picture is worth 1000 words", but which words do I write for that picture?

Answer: Descriptive Audio

Descriptive audio is another audio track added to movies or TV series, primarily for visual-impairment accessibility, that intersperses character dialogue with a narrator's description of the scene. I find that it helps me bridge the distance between what I'm seeing and how I can describe it, with the benefit of the narration being fluidly blended with dialogue.

A lot of streaming services (e.g., Netflix, Hulu) offer descriptive audio as an option with a lot of series or movies and most (all? I'm not sure of the accessibility requirements for movie theaters, especially outside of the U.S.) offer a descriptive audio showing of movies (though they tend to be at very inaccessible times like 2 PM on a Wednesday, go figure...)

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Cofer669

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best