bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Bogged Down with Legends of Wind It's not that I have a lot of writer's block, it's the mash-up of stories I'm compiling that all have to fit together in some way. I have outlines and I - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I focused on the phrase "a character in a book can claim to write it." Does this mean first-person narration? Or are you being more philosophical/theoretical?

If it's the second, I have no idea how to help you. But if it's the first, I think that idea could be what helps you organize things. Let's say you want one of your characters to be telling these stories. WHY is s/he telling them? Think of Arabian Nights, or other collections that have a framework around them.

For example: You could have a framing story, in which your narrator encounters new people, and, in an effort to help them understand the narrator's culture, tells the strangers the stories. The first chapter/story of your collection could be the initial encounter, the last could wrap up the interaction. If you wanted to, you could have short vignettes between the stories giving more details about the framing story, and how the interaction is progressing.

This may not work - I think you need to decide what ties all your stories together. But if the main thread is that they all take place in the same world, then this framework might help.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Reiling826

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best