logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : A thesaurus that detects rhyming I have been looking for a word that rhymes with post with similar meaning to a school. But I go to thesaurus.com, sounding the words on my head for results

Shakeerah107 @Shakeerah107

Posted in: #Rhythm #Thesaurus #Tools

I have been looking for a word that rhymes with post with similar meaning to a school.

But I go to thesaurus.com, sounding the words on my head for results under "school" and none rhyme. I then tried "academy" and failed to find anything.

But then I switched "post" for some other word to match "school", and nothing.

When I compared the alternatives for both choices, I decided on "set" and "department".

So is there a service that allows you to select two words (and its part of speech, just as here post was a verb and school was a noun) and give you combinations of rhymes?

P.S. If not, it shouldn't be too hard to create either.

It's a program that retrieves your two words, inputs them into the thesaurus and tries to find a rhyme (requesting rhymezone.com) - and if it doesn't exist, then selects the first word from that list, re-iterates the program (but not for the new list, keeping it at n^2 complexity)...So, it should exist. Not very creative, I know.

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Berumen699

Berumen699 @Berumen699

I just stumbled upon
rhymebrain.com/en
Given a word it returns a section that suggests rhymes for related words. They may not synonyms, but it is the only tool I have found so far.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme