logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : In-text Citations: Same Paragraph With 3-5 Authors In nearing the completion of a piece of writing, a question has come up. With the APA format for referencing, consider the following example

Murphy332 @Murphy332

Posted in: #AcademicWriting #Apa #Citations

In nearing the completion of a piece of writing, a question has come up. With the APA format for referencing, consider the following example in a single paragraph.

.... in the act of breathing (Person A, Person B, & Person C, 2019). Person A et al. (2019)....

Is this citation correct? I am aware that if the in-text citation appeared before that in parentheses:

e.g. Person A, Person B, and Person C (2019).... in the act of breathing (Person A et al., 2019)

then this would be considered an appropriate instance. But is my first example still correct?

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (1) Report

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

@Berryessa137

Berryessa137 @Berryessa137

Both seem fine to me. My only hesitation would be if the 2nd example is a single sentence, then you probably wouldn't need to in-line cite again at the end.

Other than the APA manual, I typically use Purdue as an APA resource as it covers most of the common issues you'll face.

In In-line text citations:

A Work by Three to Five Authors: List all the authors in the signal
phrase or in parentheses the first time you cite the source. Use the
word "and" between the authors' names within the text and use the
ampersand in parentheses.

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme