bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: What language to write in for a beginner wanting to write fiction? So far, all of the fiction I've written in my life has been short stories given as writing tasks in school. However, I've - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

If I may add my own perspective, I am French and currently in the process of writing a story in English.

The reason, quite simple, is that I could not imagine my world, the characters and their interactions in French in my head. I have always had an attraction for the English tongue specifically (for example, songs sound more natural to me in English, they just make more sense to my ears - if that makes sense for you).

However, I feel able to do so because I am comfortable in that language in general, whether for writing or speaking - here I completely agree with Galastel's answer.

Despite still living in France today, pretty much everything I read or watch is in English, all my electronic devices are setup in English, I also find myself thinking in that language most of the time and so on. It is simply part of my life.

It surely brings its challenges, as I have to think more thoroughly to find the right words, and it does mean I spend more time doing research and translation. It also means I surely make more mistakes, but I spend enough time going over what I wrote to make the necessary changes.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Rivera824

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best