bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : I planned to throw my hat into the ring back when the election was first announced, so here goes. I've been here for nearly 2 1/2 years now, and have been a regular contributor throughout - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I planned to throw my hat into the ring back when the election was first announced, so here goes.

I've been here for nearly 2 1/2 years now, and have been a regular contributor throughout that time. As a 10K user on Movies and WorldBuilding, and a 5K user here, I have experience with mod tools, though this would be my first stint as a full-blown SE moderator. I like to think of myself as a friendly, helpful face, which I believe is quite important for moderators, who may have to deal with irate users on occasion.

If elected, I feel there are two main areas I need to focus on. The first is that, now that we're finally graduating, we need to make sure that the site continues to grow and flourish. So we need to bring in new users and do our best to help them stick around, while retaining the users we already have.

The second is curation. I've frequently seen off-topic questions, non-answers, and even spam linger here for hours without action, not even a comment advising the user of the issues with their post. The faster we can reach out to new users to help them - and the faster we can nuke spam posts - the better for everyone.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Carla500

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best