logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Re: Sci-fi change: Too much or Not enough I am in the process of editing a short story. It is science fiction of the "if this goes on" kind: I take a social trend I see, and paint its event

Sent2472441 @Sent2472441

These kinds of seemingly contradictory responses make me really love humans.

To understand how you can get these kinds of responses, ask yourself how often do my eyes started elide of text. Maybe the beta readers skimmed across different lines of text.

For my writing, I try to understand the interpretation of my work that allowed the critic to arrive at an observation that I didn’t intend. When I do that, I often find that some aspect of my story was not clearly presented and permitted multiple interpretations.

If I don’t find something the explains it then I consider if the critic is mistaking their art for my art. I try to understand their point of view, but in the end if they are reflecting on how they would have written the story then its my story — my expression of my art. Then, I ignore their feedback.

Summarizing, try to re-read your work to find how it was misinterpreted knowing that people are people and make mistakes. Failing that, figure out if they are really telling you have they would have written story, then decide if that’s how you want to write your story

10% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

SelfPubGuruLearn self publishing
Back to top | Use Dark Theme