bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: Job description for my employment reference I've canceled my job to move on. Now I was asked how I want my Job description for my employment reference. My first draft was one full page... - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

In what context did you work?

Those interfaces have probably been in the context of a certain topic. What kind of software did you analyze and optimize? Was it financial software? Something in the game industry? ERP?

You have said much about the technology that you have worked with so far, but you haven't said a single word about the context in which you have worked with these technologies. This is interesting information for people looking for someone to hire. And it might not be obvious, as you could for example have worked for a bank, but worked mostly with their legacy self-made ERP system or something along those lines.

Different industries have different criteria for what is important. If you have worked with financial software everyone will know that you know a lot about security for example. That could be an important point and will certainly make your job description stand out more. It will definitely give future potential employers a better understanding of your knowledge and make your last point far less generic.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Jamie945

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best