bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to tell if my writing is nonsense? So I am writing a book, the start of the book sounds interesting even to the my "board" of readers. After a while I had 586 words in total SO FAR,I - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

With all due respect to your teacher, I'm not sure "nonsense" and "sense" are useful terms to use in critiquing your writing. There are authors who are justly famed for writing inspired nonsense --Lewis Carroll being one of the most famous examples.

Your sample seems to have an offbeat sensibility and sense of humor. It wouldn't be to everyone's tastes, but I found it intriguing. It may simply be that your teacher isn't the right audience for this particular piece of writing. A teacher's job is to help a student understand basic technique and best practices in writing. For that reason, he or she may be pushing you towards something more conventional.

Since you seem to want very quick feedback, I'd advise you to postpone any novels, and write short stories instead, until you develop a better sense of your own self as a writer. If neither your teacher nor your "board" members are receptive, I'd recommend finding a place to post those online instead.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Moriarity138

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best