bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How could the disregard for both plot and dialogue tell the story? I want people to understand what I write, but I do not want to use conventions such as plot or dialogue to tell a story. - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

There are as many ways to tell a story as there are people to tell. And, how people tells stories has evolved continuously from the dawn of humanity and will continue to grow and change until the last human dies.

The conventions of plot and dialogue and rising action and et cetera are observations about qualities told by successful story tellers. They aren’t the only means that can exist to effectively tell your story. You may have worked out a brilliant new structure and mode of storytelling, or you might be horrifically bad at it.

But, its your story to tell the way that makes sense to you. And, you need to decide, based on people’s responses to your stories, if you are successfully telling your story. Because that is the goal of storytelling, to share your story, your art, and have other people understand, and possible]y enjoy, but mostly engage with and pay attention to it from beginning to end.

Oh, yeah, one more thing, you just can tell the stories to your parents and your friends. They like you, and will tell you what you want to hear. You have to tell it to people who don’t give a damn about you, but will still listen from start to end.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Candy753

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best