bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How do I qualify as a sub-editor? I've seen a lot of sub-editing jobs advertised lately and I'm wondering what qualifications (and experience?) such a role would require. Is there a particular - selfpublishingguru.com

10.01% popularity

I've seen a lot of sub-editing jobs advertised lately and I'm wondering what qualifications (and experience?) such a role would require. Is there a particular sub-editing/proofreading course I should do? And do I need to complete an inDesign course? I've seen a few job descriptions stating the sub-editor will deal with putting the text into layout too.
Thanks.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Bethany377

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

Normally you'd need a degree or equivalent certification in journalism or communication. Experience in writing, proof reading, doing layout, editing however minor,working with headlines, familiarity with modern styles and current events would also be a plus. Subeditor position do involve doing layout so having an inDesign course would help. There are few specific courses that get you the qualification needed to become sub editor.

Load Full (0)