bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : This answer is inspired by the novel "The Gone Away World" by Nick Harkaway. If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend you do so, not only is it an excellent read, it might also - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

This answer is inspired by the novel "The Gone Away World" by Nick Harkaway. If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend you do so, not only is it an excellent read, it might also give you some ideas of how to deal with your situation.

Also, if you haven't read The Gone Away World, major spoilers ahead, as my suggestion here is effectively the entire crux of the big twist at the end of this story.

You have been warned, spoilers ahead:

For the purposes of clarity, I will refer to the Johns as John 1 and John 2, but I am not suggesting you adopt this approach in your actual story.

Have the story written from the point of view of John 1, but never actually mention the name of this character. When John 1 disappears, you can then talk about John 2 as just "John" without any confusion. Then in the final act, reveal that they both have the same name - this will act as a nice twist in the story as well, as the reader won't be as readily aware of the connection between the two characters.

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Debbie451

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best