bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : How do we end a description properly? Sometimes, I have trouble coming up with a way to end a description properly, especially one that's at the very end of a chapter. What are some of the - selfpublishingguru.com

10.02% popularity

Sometimes, I have trouble coming up with a way to end a description properly, especially one that's at the very end of a chapter. What are some of the things you can do, especially when the description just describes a set of actions taken by a character? Is there a way of doing this without going inside the head of the character and describing his psychological state or inner thoughts?

He waved her goodbye, and then he sipped his cup of coffee while
looking towards the window. When the elevator rang, he looked back at
her with a smile to send her off.

I have no idea what you can do after that without describing his psychological state or inner thoughts. The character doesn't do any action and I don't want to describe his psychological state or inner thoughts, because the character is extremely unimportant to the story.

Two lines feels way too short, I am trying to add like 3-4 additional lines.

Load Full (1)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Sarah872

1 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best

10% popularity

If this character is unimportant to the story presumably the other character in the scene is more important, focus more on them.

It seemed to her she would not be able to coax anything else out of him as he waved her goodbye and took a sip from his coffee. As the elevator doors closed she saw him smile and was glad for the words of wisdom he had given her.

Load Full (0)