logo selfpublishingguru.com

topic : Production/edition focus order Good morning, This morning I have found an ad about a new TV serie, "See", which plot is quite similar (blind civilization with sighted-rare members, although environment

Ogunnowo420 @Ogunnowo420

Posted in: #FirstTimeAuthor #Publishing #SelfPublishing #TimeManagement

Good morning,

This morning I have found an ad about a new TV serie, "See", which plot is quite similar (blind civilization with sighted-rare members, although environment and background is different) to a three books (~400.000 words each one) saga I have been writing for two years.

I left the first of the books approximately at a 50%, when I got recommended to focus on shorter novels (90.000 words) to my first times to be published.

I don't care to selfpublish these shorter books but I would like to try the 3-books saga getting published by an editorial.

I know that this requires not only time and effort to get your first works noticed, but also a lot of luck.

I also thought about the option to publish little stories on IG, Twitter, etc. to get recognised and make easier to be attractive to editorial in future. But this requires more time.

My job (full time, broken turn, from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm) leaves me only 1 or 2 hours of writing, after housekeeping and a usual family dedication. Believe me I am pulling this as far as I can without lost all contact to my relatives. I am enthusiastic enough to write, at least, the main novel and other three shorter ones more. No matter when I could finish.

But when I find that any of the basis I present on my novels is published by anyone else, which is logical and expectable, I cann't avoid feeling guilty to make my efforts in the wrong direction...

So that is problem. I don't know what to focus my time on: finishing my main story, getting some shorter works first or dedicating some time to get recognition on social networks with "choose option-stories", threads, etc...

Sorry for the long question/circunstance about it. I feel a little (a lot actually) worried today after the recent news and I need to vent, and also to get some help/advice about this using your experience in this fields.

TLDR; I don't know what's better?

a) Ending the first book of my main novel (three books, 400.000 words
each one).
b) Writing some short books and selfpublishing them
before the saga.
c) Share options a) or b) with a time invest on
social network to get some recognition.

Thank you for your time.

10.01% popularity Vote Up Vote Down

0 Reactions   React

Replies (0) Report

0 Comments