bell notificationshomepageloginNewPostedit profile

Topic : Re: How to identify whether a publisher is genuine or not? Despite an identical title: This question is in no means duplicate of this question. In my local area, there have been various ads running - selfpublishingguru.com

10% popularity

I’m not disagreeing with any of the other answers, money either goes one way (from publisher to author) or it is a scam, but I do want to address one point: these being startups.

That may seem to give a semblance of plausibility to this scam, but it doesn’t. A publishing companies product is very simple — a story, and stories are easily acquired: you identify a writer and offer them money. The hard part isn’t getting a story, the hard part is identifying a story will be successful. The writer's willingness to pay to have their story published has no reasonable connection to how many people are willing to pay to read the story.

Ask yourself why they want money from the writer. How does that help them sell better or more books, and how does that benefit you as the writer?

Load Full (0)

Login to follow topic

More posts by @Lengel543

0 Comments

Sorted by latest first Latest Oldest Best